Friday, July 15, 2005

Happy Place

The other day I was waiting for the bus and a perfect stranger started gushing about how much she loved my hair. AWWWW that made me feel hella good. She got on the bus and she started asking me about going natural and I told her it was NOT an easy thing. It's a choice you have to make for yourself and the intial journey is hard but the end is fruitful. She has a daughter of about 6 and she wants to perm her hair...I pleaded with her not to! but you know....what else can you do. I started thinking about my history with my hair and all the things I have gone thru with it.

I have some pictures that when I get the chance I will try and upload them for inspirations sake but the one phase I don’t think I have on film is my short cut with the Long Island Red color in it. Lol. Yes ya’ll….after a braiding session gone wrong (read: I took the braids out and my hair had totally broken off) I had to cut the hair…the only style I could get was a short Halle cut….shaved in the back and whole 9. Then I made the mistake of telling my then Fantasy Show Hairstylist to put whatever color she wanted. She chose a color called Long Island Red. People to this day still call my Red because of that style and till I went to college and chopped it off again I still had red in my hair. Lol…

My hair and I have gone through so much….its a wonder it still grows!!

The perm, the colors the dyes, the braids…..just everything!SMH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home